Disability Support Worker
- $37 per hour
- Fortitude Valley Based
- Immediate Start
About the Company:
Unidex Healthcare are a privately owned recruitment company established in 2001 and operate across Australia, with our main offices in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. Unidex actively recruit for all areas in the healthcare field specialising in Disability Services, Support Services and Allied Health.
We require a Support Worker to partner with a Participant based in Fortitude Valley, Queensland. Our participant suffered a spinal injury and as a result cannot walk.
He requires support Tuesday and Friday mornings from 6:30am to 9am, and Monday and Friday afternoons from 2:30pm to 6pm. This role is casual ongoing and hours will increase if the client feels you are a goof fit and demonstrate to be a good worker. The rate of pay is $37 per hour.
Successful candidates will have the following; hoist experience, bowel therapy - enema experience and live within 15 to 20 minutes of Fortitude Valley, non-negotiable.
- Daily assistance and personal care support; personal hygiene, showering, grooming and toileting
- Manual handling; hoisting, lifting and transferring
- Assistance with bowel therapy with enema
- Removal of catheter if needed
- Complete skin checks
- Domestic duties; meal preparation, cooking and cleaning
Skills & Experiences:
- Must have a driver's licence and reliable transport
- Current First Aid & CPR
- National Police Clearance
- Must have Yellow Card
- Must have a Blue Card
- Completed NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Completed Infection Control Training - COVID19
- Bowel Therapy - enema experience
- Reliable, 'can do' attitude and strong time management skills
Please note: two current references are required
If you meet the above criteria and are available for an immediate start, hit the "Apply" button now
Community Services & Development
Aged & Disability Support