Disability Support Worker
- $37 - $66.60 p/hr
- Geelong based
- Immediate start
About the Company:
Unidex Healthcare are a privately owned recruitment company established in 2001 and operate across Australia, with our main offices in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. Unidex actively recruit for all areas in the healthcare field specialising in Disability Services, Support Services and Allied Health.
We require an experienced Support Worker to assist our NDIS participant located in Geelong who is a paraplegic. The successful candidate will have prior experience supporting participants who have a range of disabilities including Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Intellectual Impairments and Autism.
This role is casual on-going and for an immediate start. The roster is on a split shift basis with morning shift (9am-11am) and evening shift (5pm-7pm) available and spread out over Monday - Sunday. As the participant is paraplegic, hoist experience is essential.
Payrates include - day shift ($37 p/hr), evening shift ($40.70 p/hr), night shift ($41.44 p.hr), Saturday ($51.80 p/hr) and Sunday ($66.60 p/hr).
- Daily assistance and personal care support such as personal hygiene, bathing and grooming
- Lifting and hosting
- Domestic duties such as cooking and cleaning
- Provide emotional support where needed
- Provide companionship
Skills & Experiences:
- Completed a minimum of Certificate III in Individual Support
- Must have a driver's licence and reliable transport
- Prior experience supporting clients with disabilities
- Current First Aid & CPR
- National Police Clearance
- NDIS 'Worker Orientation' module
- COVID 19 Infection Control certificate
- Full Australian working rights
- Yellow and blue card
- Current Flu Vaccination
- Positive Attitudes and flexibility in shift times
- Reliable and proactive
Please note: two current references are required
If you meet the above criteria and are available for an immediate start, hit the "Apply" button now
Community Services & Development
Aged & Disability Support