Frontline Human Resources a privately own company established in 2001 and has a legacy of creating opportunities for companies and workers. Australian owned and operated, FHR has branches in Perth, Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. With remote teams and a huge database of contingent workers, we have scope to support projects and clients nationwide.
Our Client in Tongala is currently recruiting for an experienced Fitter to join their Maintenance team.
Based at Tongala and reporting to Maintenance Coordinator, the role of Fitter is an integral operational role. Working closely with all site teams and broader functional Maintenance and Engineering teams, this role enables a highly motivated mechanical expert to join a corporate company and take lead of their function.
The key day to day responsibilities of this role will be;
- Conducting planned maintenance (PM) activities across the site;
- Diagnosing faults and proactively managing breakdowns of equipment or process failures;
- Following safe work and good manufacturing practices and coaching Operators, supporting the PM schedule;
- Identifying and escalating opportunities and activities which improve plant and equipment, reliability and efficiency;
- Conduct and participate in root cause analysis of breakdowns and/or process improvement;
- Complete all required task notification, safety and quality computer based activities and paperwork;
- Liaise with functional Reliability teams in scheduling and coordinating PM and asset registration activities;
- Participating in Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement activities to enhance workplace.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following;
- Trade Qualification for Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Industrial diagnostic and fault finding experience;
- Good Computer Literacy with understanding of maintenance planning software;
- Understanding of and commitment to safe work techniques and practices;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Be self-motivated and reliable;
- Be pro-active and safety focused, with a positive attitude;
- Able to adapt to changing production demands.
Experience in a Manufacturing environment is desirable, although is not essential. The successful candidate will have a personal commitment for their safety and can look forward to working with an experienced, positive and friendly team of colleagues.
All correspondence will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a full medical, online tests and inductions.
If this position sounds like the challenging & rewarding role that you have been seeking, please apply and attach a current CV detailing your suitability for the role.
Should you have any questions please email Darren Mitchell email@example.com