National Payroll Manager
About the job
Payroll Manager Wanted!
As a busy blue collar labour hire business, the payroll division is the lifeblood of our organisation.
We seek an experience Payroll Manager to join the FHR team. This role is responsible for overseeing the end to end payroll process, remitting payroll tax calculations, deductions and preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
With a strong focus on people, productivity and service excellence, this role will build, coach and develop a client-oriented team whilst continually identifying ways to enhance service quality for the business.
About FHR's Payroll Manager Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate processing of end-to-end payroll including salary packaging, award employees, leave management and superannuation.
- Manage varying complex payroll calculation in relation to terminations, redundancies, entitlements and deductions, and completing necessary compliance documentation
- Maintaining pay records, employee records, leave records and related information.
- Provide advice through accurate award and EBA interpretation
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payment
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information including entering new employees' data into internal databases
- Treat all payroll and human resources related activities in strictest confidence
- Monitoring resolutions of payroll discrepancies & auditing staff & candidate wage and salary queries
- Being a key point of contact for payroll queries
- Participate in organisation-wide, site based and team meetings, collaborative planning activities and other meetings or activities relevant to position
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes ensuring services meet professional and industry standards
Perform Month End and Year End Processing Functions
- Perform reconciliation of payroll in accordance with month end and year end requirements.
- Perform the reconciliation and remittance of payroll tax and deductions on a monthly and yearly basis. Prepare and reconcile superannuation.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of annual payment summaries.
- Maintain records in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Provide relevant annual and monthly labour reports to the Senior Management Team as required.
Human Resource Management
- Update and maintain key employment related documentation/systems including but not limited to the company's corporate structure and property register
- Create individual employee files and where relevant, complete the time and attendance registration process on commencement of employment.
- Comply with relevant Statutory Reporting obligations.
- Equity and diversity responsibilities as identified in organisational policies and procedures
- Building team capability, driving high performance and coaching team members in achieving high quality service outcomes
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities through monitoring service performance and employee data analytics
Experience with FastTrack 360 highly desirable!
What's on offer:
- Collaborative working environment
- Extremely competitive salary package
- Discretionary pool incentive plan in addition to the above
- This role is a full-time permanent position
Our wonderful team come from diverse backgrounds and capabilities. FHR is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders via our strategic partnerships with peak indigenous bodies throughout Australia. We welcome applications from all people.
Human Resources & Recruitment
Management - Internal